Trying to grow a beard might seem easy: you just let it do that, grow… However, I am just realising there is more to meet the eye, or the beard as it were. I have played with a bit of a Wolverine look some years ago (before the films I have you know), but I had never gone for a beard per se, until recently.
It is going OK, but keeping it seems to require a bit more than just waiting and scratching. So, coming up with some tips, first of all for my own benefit, and perhaps for fellow bearded-chaps. Of course, if you have any good tips, I would be happy to hear from you:
- Keep it clean! Sounds silly, but a bit of shampooing makes a difference.
- Get a little beard comb and use it to tidy it up. It may also help to tame it as it grows.
- Oil or wax… still unsure about this. Oil is under experiment – may help taming it too.
- Like hair, trimming it makes for a better look.
- Shape – if interested in a goatee, a Franz-Josef or a Klingon look, you are better off shaping it from the start.
- Wait… you may not like it at first, but wait until it has grown and see the full effect.
- Still working on the beard stroking… it seems to come natural. If it makes you look like a super-villain perhaps best to avoid (or not…)
- Prince Harry keeping beard for ‘royal tradition’ (itv.com)
- The Bearded Bastard: The Woodsman Beard Oil Review (nomeatbarefeet.com)
- Me and My Beard (worldofbeard.wordpress.com)
You should give Bear Face Beard Oil a try!
I shall have to take a look. No samples?