I have been using GSuite in the last year or so at work. In general it seem to be fine, good usage of the email capabilities provided by Gmail and the storage, together with shared drives, and things like that are fine.
Calendar is ok and it does the work, however there was a very irritating thing when being invited to see other colleague’s calendars and/or subscriptions to them. On the one hand it is useful to see calendar availability, but I don’t want to see all of those calendars on my mobile device, or the Calendar app on my Macbook all the time.
A quick solution would be to “uncheck” the unwanted calendars on your device, but… The problem is, when you uncheck those calendars, they’re still there. You may not see them, but boy, you do continue getting reminders, notifications, alerts – and most (all?) of the time they are not even for me to act on!
So if you require to remove these extra calendar, bit still access then via the web and Google apps then do the following:
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect
- Login to your Google Account, and
- Uncheck the calendars you don’t want to sync
Then you can select what device you may want to be able to see the delegated calendars in the Apple Calendar app. Simply
- Go to Calendar – Preferences
- Select Account Information and look for the Google Account in question
- Select the “Delegation” tab and check the things you may want to see (or not)