You may have seen the shiny new 2021 iMac with the new exciting colours, actually a bit reminiscent of the iMac G3 from 1988 or “The Macintosh that Saved Apple“.
The new iMac comes with a new screensaver that also gives a shout to the iconic 1984 “hello” font used to introduce the Macintosh.
You don’t have to have a new iMac to enjoy the screensaver. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Navigate to the following directory:
2. You will need to be running macOS Big Sur 11.3 or higher, and if so you will find a file called
Hello.saver – Drag or copy that file to your Desktop
3. In your Desktop, please rename the file to something like
Hello1.saver. This step is required because the file already exists…
4. Double click on the newly renamed file and you will be prompted to install the screensaver. Simply follow the instructions.
5. Et voilà! You can now select the screensaver from System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver.