I am very pleased to announce that the final draft of my book “Statistics and Data Science with Python” has been completed. It has been a pleasure to write and use examples referencing some of my favourite SciFi characters, from StarTrek to Battle Star Galactica and more.
The book covers builds from the ground up the basis for statistical analysis underpinning a number of applications and algorithms in business analytics, machine learning and applied machine learning. The book starts with the basics of programming in python as well as data analysis to build a solid background in statistical methods and hypothesis testing useful in a variety of modern applications.
Table of Contents
- Data, Stats and Stories – An Introduction
- Python Programming Primer
- Snakes, Bears & Other Numerical Beasts: NumPy, SciPy and Pandas
- The measure of all things – Statistics
- Definitely Maybe: Probability and Distributions
- Alluring Arguments and Ugly Facts – Statistical Modelling and Hypothesis Testing
- Delightful Details – Data Visualisation
- Dazzling Data Designs – Creating Charts
I will let you know how the revisions go and I hope it will be available soon!
Also published on Medium.