If you have been itching to update the operating system on your shiny Mac, beware that there is a broken link when launching Jupyter.
Do not panic, simply follow these simple steps:
- Open a terminal and type the following command:
jupyter notebook --generate-config
- In the terminal navigate to the place where the configuration file is. In other words, type the following:
- Open the jupyter_noteebook_config.py file and look for a line that says:
# c.NotebookApp.browser = ''
Change the line as follows: Delete the hash and write the name of your browser in between the quotes.
For SAFARI it would look as follows
c.NotebookApp.browser = 'safari'
If you are a CHROME supporter, the command looks a tad bit more complicated:
c.NotebookApp.browser = 'open -a /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app %s'
- Save the script and close it.
- Restart your terminal and launch Jupyter…