It has been nearly 12 months in development almost to the day, and I am very please to tell you that the first full draft of my new book entitled “Data Science and Analytics with Python” is ready.
The book is aimed at data enthusiasts and professionals with some knowledge of programming principles as well as developers and business people interested in learning more about data science and analytics The proposed table of contents is as follows:
- The Trials and Tribulations of a Data Scientist
- Firsts Slithers with Python
- The Machine that Goes “Ping”: Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- The Relationship Conundrum: Regression
- Jackalopes and Hares, Unicorns and Horses: Clustering and Classification
- Decisions, Decisions: Hierarchical Clustering, Decision Trees and Ensemble Techniques
- Dimensionality Reduction and Support Vector Machines
At the moment the book contains 53 figures and 18 tables, plus plenty of bits and pieces of code ready to be tried.
The next step is to start the re-reading, re-draftings and revisions in preparation for the final version and submission to my publisher CRC Press later in the year. I will keep you posted as how things go.
Keep in touch!